If you’re looking to spruce up your business this Christmas season, look no further.
Whether you manage an eCommerce business who looks to grow sales over the festive period or you’re a service-based business who closes down, we’ve shortlisted our top tips to help your business over this Christmas season.
While you website should look professional and function well all year round; Christmas is an important time to make the most of your website. Your Christmas marketing plan should include:
- Offer exclusive Christmas promotions on your services or products you sell
- eCommerce merchants need to emphasise free shipping on all Christmas deliveries
- Add Christmas flair to your branding and images
- Add new blog posts which tie into the season
Google My Business
If Google Business isn’t part of your marketing strategy, it needs to be. Whether your business has a physical address or is mobile based with service areas, a Google Business listing will help improve you local search engine rankings. Over the Christmas period, you can get the most out of your listing by:
- Ensure your business and holiday hours are up to date and correct
- Publish Google posts to show off your holiday spirit and let people know about holiday promotions
- Add new photos and videos – you may want to show off seasonal decor installations or special Christmas products
- Encourage people to leave reviews and ensure you respond to those reviews, even if it’s just to say thanks
- Create a welcome offer for people who follow your business profile on mobile
Re-marketing to your existing clients and customers through email is a cost effective solution to keep touch in touch and increase repeat business. Making use of an email marketing tool such as Mailchimp or Constant Contact can benefit your business this holiday season, when setting up your email marketing strategy consider including:
- Your business hours over the holidays
- Specials / promotions this Christmas
- Simplicity – keep it simple and easy to digest
- Schedule your emails ahead of time
- Get creative with email subject lines and email layouts
Below is this year’s annual holiday marketing workshop brought to you by Google and Constant Contact which also expands further on tips and tricks which can help your business.